Sometimes you only need to target your followers when advertising or promoting content with Twitter Ads.
Unfortunately, Twitter Ads doesn’t provide an option on the Campaign page that makes you confident you’re only targeting your followers. But after running some tests I learned how to configure Twitter ads to only target the people who follow you.
In this tutorial I show you how to configure your campaign settings to achieve this. In another post I talk about a use case for for only targeting your Twitter followers.
- Sign in to your Twitter account.
- Click on your logo, then select Twitter Ads:
- Click Create new campaign and select a campaign option:
- Scroll down to the section called Select your Audience STEP 2 of 4:
- Configure settings in AUDIENCE PROFILE section any way you wish.
- In the SELECT ADDITIONAL AUDIENCE FEATURES section, click the + sign next to the Add followers option.
- Untick the box next to Also target users like your followers option:
DO NOT add any @usernames in the search box.
- Configure STEP 3 and STEP 4 on your new campaign page as your see fit.
- Click the Save or Launch option.
DO NOT do anything else in the Select Your Audience section.
After launching the campaign only your followers will see your Twitter ad. You can confirm this by hovering over the pictures of people who interact with your promoted tweet. When you hover over a profile picture you should see FOLLOWS YOU under their profile description:
If you have any questions or come across any trouble, let me know. Leave a comment and I’ll get back to you asap.